THEME: SRATEGIC AND SUSTAINABLE BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT: Learn, Connect, Secure and Succeed
VENUE: NECA Event Centre Alausa, Lagos
DATE: 27TH – 28TH March, 2019
Prime Unique Women Initiative, a national women interest non-governmental organization with head office in Abuja, convenes this event.
PURPOSE AND SIGNIFICANCE OF WORKSHOP
The purpose of this event is to identify solutions to the already identified challenges faced by the Nigerian women in the areas of business, investment, empowerment and security, Solutions will be presented to mitigate these problems, so as to enhance business development, socio-economic growth and sustainability.
The program is designed to expose Nigerian women entrepreneurs to various business/investment opportunities and to create access for the ever-growing local market and discuss prospects for engaging the international market.
It will also create awareness on government policy as it concerns women, children, family and personal security.
To achieve this noble goal, the conveners of this programme have strategically put together successful entrepreneurs and professionals both from public & private sector to bring their wealth of experience and expertise to bear for immense benefit of the participants.
The choice of Lagos is due to the strategic investment opportunities that loom, especially as a hub for various businesses nationwide, it will also avail participants a chance to explore, build capacity, gain access to major players in Nigeria’s small and medium businesses, relax and enjoy the business heart beat of Nigeria.
OVERALL GOAL STATEMENT
To empower Nigerian women entrepreneurs by building institutional and individual capacity to enhance wealth creation.
- Women play vital roles in Nation Building. As mothers, the burden lies on them to fathom from the cradle positive values that can make or mar a nation.
- Women are the fulcrum of micro/small enterprises in every economy especially in Nigeria and Africa.
- Most often, women lack access to funding & credit facility.
- In conflict and post conflict zones, women & children are the most vulnerable and prime victims.
- In cases of human trafficking, assault, domestic violence, drug addition, women are major preys.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- All Women entrepreneurs
- All Women professionals
- Women Leaders
- Women Interest Groups
- Military & Para-Military Wives’ Association
- All female officers of military and paramilitary organizations.
- Wives of Local Government chairmen.
- Capacity of women entrepreneurs to understand regulatory requirements for establishing and managing a business endeavor in Nigeria.
- Capacity to develop and manage business enhancement strategies needed to run on-going concerns and start-ups.
- Ability to implement business branding and systems strengthening strategies
- Capacity to design, understand and implement both community and personal security strategies for business continuity.
- Participants ability to understand self awareness and self management & relate with others effectively.
Participants are current and aspiring female business owners who are interested in understanding the dynamics of owning and managing a business venture in Nigeria.
They would be trained on business enhancement strategies which includes how to access business financing at a cheaper rate, regulatory requirements, business etiquette, branding, use of technology, social and business networking, systems strengthening, social & security awareness, personal and business security and issues of women in conflict situations.
DESCRIPTION/HIGHLIGHTS OF THE PROGRAMME
The programme is designed to be highly interactive and participatory. It includes the use of all types of learning aids and tools.
The course is on four pedagogical pillars: concept learning (lectures presentations), activity (role plays exercises) experience sharing (panels, working group discussions and exposure. Manuals will be given to participants during the training.
- Two – day training course on Leadership, security and business development.
- Presentation from BOI, LCCI, FIRS, WIMBIZ, BOA, CBN, NIRSAL etc. on the ease of doing business and other issues